Wednesday, March 4, 2009




So today is Eli's birthday. I spent 3 days scanning old photos and creating a stupid slide show so I could be all computer savvy like Carissa, yet I can't seem to figure out how to get it on this stupid blog site!!! Unfortunately my tech support has been busy with school and work so I'm afraid my little show will have to wait lol. So what do you want to hear about first, work or weight loss? Ok so I rejoined weight watchers and joined the gym in an effort to lose 20 pounds before we go on our trip. I figured that gave me 9 weeks to lose, what averages about 2 pounds a week. The first week all was well, I ate well, worked out alot, and low and behold when I went to weight watchers I had lost 4 pounds. Not bad I figured. At that rate I may be able to wear a one-piece, as opposed to a mu-mu. Well, this week I have all but starved myself, passing up all good things (except for Eli's ice cream cake :) lol). I am walking 2.5 to 3 miles a day on the stupid treadmill, doing crunches on the stupid little ball, bicycling Lord knows how far, and can we just say today when I went to weigh in, I lost 1 pound!!! Are you freaking kidding me? God has a sick sense of humor doesn't he? Well I guess losing 1 is better than gaining 1 but still!!! How frustrating. Moving on. Work, oh glorious work. It seems that since mom mentioned no one in my family had been sick, Monday night as I was walking out the door for work, I began puking my guts up. It was too late to call in, because I overslept and didn't realize I was sick lol. So any way I drove the hour to work, so completely nauseated that I could barely see the road. When I got there I called house supervisor and begged them to send someone down to cover me so I could go home. And she did almost four hours later!! Anyway I spent pretty much the next 24 hours in bed, praying to die, but am feeling better now. Someone at work thought it would be a good idea for me to be on the peer review committee lol (because we all now how good I am with confrontation and all),
so now tomorrow I have to spend my whole day off at a stupid meeting reviewing my peers! How ridiculous is that? I didn't ask to participate in this, because my idea of handling the situation is to do their work for them lol. So that is what I have to look forward to tomorrow. (by the way is anyone counting how many times I've said stupid in this blog? I think it's alot). Eli's birthday has been rather uneventful. We had a sleepover this weekend, not sure who's bright idea that was but I hope next year they think long and hard about having a party somewhere else! We had three or four boys over plus my boys (because Micah is grounded yet again!). They ordered pizza, ran around the house, had ice cream cake, ran around the house some more, and then I finally took some tylenol pm and left Ryan to supervise lol. Who knows what went on after that, but all in all he had a good time. Today Ryan and I took him out for lunch and he had his first ever adult meal from a restaurant (McDonald's, his choice). He got a double cheeseburger meal, which was comical to watch because he was determined to eat it all and I was pretty sure he would hurl before he got it down, but he managed all right. Then we took a football cupcake thing to school for his class. Tonight I made his favorite, Pollo Ranchero for dinner and then he forced me to take him to wal mart to spend his money from Grandma Goody and Barry (remind me to thank you later!!!) He ended up buying two wrestling things that were on clearance for a dollar a piece and some candy lol. He's something else. Well that's it for now, I gotta go to bed so I can get up at 5 am on my day off!!! :(

4 comments:

  1. You make it sound as if I sent him $3 or something. It's so sad that he had to purchase his gifts from the $1 aisle! So I was told by a friend of mine who does credentialing for docs that you should never ever ever mention your employer's name in your blog. I just thought I'd warn you. I'm sure you read wha happened to Malcolm with Hydrive (actually turned out to be a good thing). Just remember, big brother is watching.
    P.S. Oh, the far reaching power of Typhoid Terry!
    P.P.S. Please tell Eli happy birthday for me. I truly meant to call him and the day just got away from me. He won't be calling me Grandma "Goody" after this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I noticed a typo in my previous comment, but I am far too blog illiterate to do anything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I have to go back and read this, but I wanted to tell you about the slideshow, before I forget. I have had so much trouble getting mine to post until I realized that you have to click the 'edit html' button when you go to paste the code. It is at the top right hand of the box you type your post in. At least that is what I was doing wrong, so you might try that- in your free time (ha.) Okay, off to read the rest of your post...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Eli! Sorry you have been sick, ditto what Mom said, that Typhoid Terry is pretty powerful. I am impressed that you have lost five pounds- and exercising too! Man you are making me feel guilty because I have not been doing anything.

    ReplyDelete