Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Feeling Better

So now that I have slept, I must say I feel a little better. I've got to tell you though, this working two days, and then being off a day, and then working a day and then being off a day is kind of for the birds. I worked Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights, so when I came home Sunday morning I had like an hour before we had to get ready for church. I decided I would rest my eyes for a few minutes and can anyone guess how that turned out? Yes I slept until 4:30 in the afternoon. Darn it! At that point I was much too tired to cook so we took the kids out to dinner and to wal-mart to spend their Christmas money from my dad (we hadn't seen them in months!) When we got home at 8 I promptly put my pajamas back on and got in bed to watch the grammy's (how great was Neil Diamond? Ick!!!). Anyway needless to say I think I was back asleep by 10 and slept all night. Then Monday I took the kids to school and decided I had probably better go back to bed since I had to work all night Monday night!!! Sheesh, why bother having a day off if all you're going to do is sleep? Of course Monday night at work I had all these big plans of how I would stay up today and clean etc. Needless to say once Ryan and the kids left for school I went directly to bed and slept all day lol. Oh well what can you do? So the weather has been great here (in the 60's the last couple of days!) except for one thing...The three foot of snow we got has turned my back yard into a swamp and so now every time the dogs go out (which is every 10 minutes since it's so nice out they love it outside!) they come back in covered in mud from head to toe! And no matter how much you wipe them off there are still muddy paw prints all over the house. So needless to say, my evening, (my only night off :( ) does not involve candles and bubble baths. No fancy dinners or champagne. Rather a mop and a big bucket of floor cleaner (yay me the entire house is hard wood!!!), all of which seems kind of pointless when I think about the big picture, since the back yard is no less muddy today than it was yesterday, but that is what I will be doing. Seriously, someone should habe told me growing up would be so much fun, I think I would have reconsidered!!! Well I must get to mopping so good bye for now!

1 comment:

  1. Just a suggestion and I don't know if it will work on your yard, but Barry puts mulch EVERYWHERE. Maybe at least it would tone it down a little. I don't know. St.Luke's is looking for a graduate nurse right down the street from my house.

    ReplyDelete